Sunday, July 26, 2009

Need a longer weekend...

I'm sitting in a clean, quiet kitchen space, wishing desperately that all the work that needs to happen to the house was magically over and done. New kitchen installed. Wall moved. Deck and sunporch built. Doggie door accessible. Plus the 100 or so more minor projects. I work such long hours, 5 days a week, that when I'm home I'm pretty tired, and don't really feel much like contributing. But yesterday I painted and laquered, which I don't mind that much at all.

I really miss working 4 10-hour days. Then I had 3 days off to accomplish all my chores and reassemble my brain. I can't believe I rushed so hard to get another job. I should have enjoyed the time off!!!

But today should be fun. We're going for a hike in Rock Creek Park, then need to finish up some house projects around here. Oh, and laundry. Need to do some laundry.

Work is work; feel free to call me for an update:)

2 comments: