Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ah Sunday...

One of my dear friends has a small child. An adorable small child. Coordinating events with someone who has a small child is "challenging." Or something. I guess it's all good practice for later in life when we get around to having a human child, right?

Not that we don't have our own challenges with our doggie children. It's the weekend. I'm doing laundry. I have as many, or more, loads of dog sheets and dog towels, as I do people stuff. And their food is nearly as expensive (or seems that way sometimes) as mine. But I love them.

Gus got a full body shave yesterday. His head and tail are still fluffy, but the poor thing looks scrawny. He was thin before, and now it looks like I don't feed him. Jeremy insisted on the shave b/c he sheds so much. But now I look like a bad mother.

Went out last night with a friend from high school, Christy, who lives in Alexandria, about 30 min away. Granted, not that far, but that's a big deal distance in the DC area, where all road are awful, all the time. The flying car will be invented here, I'm convinced.

Anyway, had a great time seeing her, and meeting her boyfriend Jimmy. I wouldn't have even known they were here if not for Facebook. So take that all you FB bashers! But it's wonderful to have people that you have some history and a few stories with...for instance, how bad my hair was 15 years ago. And now I feel old.

So I'm recovering from hanging at a great smoky bar. Drinking tea. Wearing my glasses. Enjoying the quiet. I wish you a nice, chill Sunday morning.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to the driving "distances" in DC. Distance not equal to miles but equates to time--when in the DC area. So true.

    Just wait, all of DC will be smoke-free next year. Doesn't include Alexandria since it's NOVA, but thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA ha- as said dear friend with scheduling issues- I will say that pedicure and dazed moments in front of that super loud fabulous big screen tv was therapeutic. SO- thank you for your patience with crazy scheduling and getting me out of the house. PS- your hubby rocks as a babysitter. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious that you said the flying car would be invented there. lol. I would hate traffic. I'm so not used to it.

    ReplyDelete