Thursday, August 13, 2009

Total re-evaluation

Reassessing goals.

I do this periodically. I realize that my goals have gotten skewed, and the things that really matter to me are getting the least of my time and energy. Resulting in me feeling frazzled and fried and wanting to kill someone. Not cool.

Things I’m realizing?

What matters: me (guilty as it makes me feel to say that), my marriage, family, friends. So those are the things I want to spend 70% of my time focusing on.

What matters to me about me? My sanity/inner peace, my health, sleeping 7 hours a night, exercising daily (6o minutes daily), eating well (chewing my food not inhaling it) and healthfully, reading (30 minutes daily), cutting down on the chatter (email that is skimmed not read).

So how can I accomplish these things? Invent a 36 hour day!?! I just need to shift my focus, and remind myself all the time, of what has to come first. It is a choice. A choice to not get bullied into doing things I don’t want to or can’t do. A choice to be there; not just physically but mentally (cut down on the multitasking). A choice to say this matters more than that, and let that go. Something has to give, and I don’t want it to be my mental health! I can and will do this. I will continue to work on this, daily. I am a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. This is good. I'm doing the same in light of crazy/scary crap in my life. It wakes you up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it sure does, in a rough and rocky way. But sometimes that's what is needed I guess.

    ReplyDelete