Thursday, August 13, 2009

Travels and Trials

So I’m not going crazy. I promise. Well, maybe just a little.

In the last 3 weeks, I’ve had some health issues as well as changes at work (call me if you want the scoop!). To the point where I wound up in tears one morning, exhausted, a few days after my birthday, thinking that I might be losing it. So Jeremy’s response? Beach weekend! God I love my man.

So away we went to Ocean City MD. It’s a nice town, part carnival and part oasis. We laid around on the beach during the day on Saturday, then went to a bar Sat pm to watch a great live band (Pressing Strings). Jeremy enjoyed multiple adult beverages, and didn’t enjoy the next morning! Sunday we stayed in bed awhile, and then played on the beach again. The water was too cold for me (a lowly 70 degrees) but it helped J’s hangover. We had lots of crab and crab cakes of course. Then we crossed the bay to head over and see the wild ponies on Ashtangue Island.

Monday was a partial day at the office, before I headed to Atlanta for 2 ½ days for a conference. This VCA conference was focusing on new doctors, but it provided some great information on interpersonal communication, especially communication with owners. But most fun? I got to see Huda, one of my former roommates and dear friends, for about 12 hours. We ate yummy truffle mac and cheese and gelato, and generally giggled a lot! I love seeing my friends, even if it’s for a 20 minute cup of coffee. But sometimes it’s the best to just wander and enjoy a good ice cream cone.

1 comment:

  1. awww. I'm so glad you had a great weekend. I know it was much needed.

    ReplyDelete